1. Partner Agreement between the Reseller and National Warranty Services & National Computer Services (or Service), henceforth collectively NWS.
1. All information in this Partner Application has been supplied in good faith and is a true & reasonable depiction.
2. Both Parties undertake to deal honestly, co-operatively, and professionally, with each other.
3. Both Parties undertake to keep confidential all non-public domain and/or Commercial-In-Confidence information concerning or given by the other party, and not disclose to any other parties without written permission. All information is deemed to be Commercial-In-Confidence, unless it is known to be in the public domain.
4. The Reseller notes that NWS offers attractive wholesale volume pricing without
any monthly volume requirements, and that NWS pre-purchased warranties have no ‘Use By’ date, and can be sold and activated at any time
5. The Reseller notes that NWS offers the same attractive wholesale volume pricing for both pre-purchased and on-line IDA Warranty System warranties. For on-line IDA Warranty System warranties, this pricing applies even if only a single warranty is purchased; however, pre-purchased 'sticker
' warranties, that need to be printed, assembled, and shipped, have a minimum order quantity.
6. The Reseller notes that NWS have not
included any explicit product Failure Rate conditions in this Partner Agreement, but NWS reserve the right, at any time in the future, to add a 'Failure Rate Loading' to the Reseller's wholesale warranty pricing for subsequent warranty sales, or to refuse to sell and supply warranties, because of the level of product Failure Rate.
Total and Reseller Failure Rates are automatically calculated (on warranty jobs only) by the on-line Job Management System in real time for warranty jobs on yioour systems or products. The resulting Failure Rate percentage is exact at any point in time (excepting any errors in the coding of Job Status). The Reseller can obtain on-line Reports on their Failure Rate as a total, and also by faulty part and other variables.
7. NWS agrees to provide each Reseller with a monthly account for all warranty purchases (both 'sticker' and IDA Warranty System warranties) and NWS Consolidated Monthly Invoice by email. The Reseller notes that comprehensive Purchase Reports are available at any time in the on-line IDA Warranty System Admin module.
8. NWS agrees to supply the Reseller with comprehensive free ‘point of sale’ retail marketing material as requested.
1. The Reseller notes that NWS warranties are a contract between themselves and NWS.
2. The Reseller notes that NWS warranties are designed to be superimposed over, and enhance, their statutory ACL obligations of products they sell.
3. The Reseller notes that NWS warranties are to be added and on-sold with the products they sell. They are not to be sold as a 'stand-alone' product, except by special arrangement.
2. There is NO 'Use By' date on any NWS warranty, and there is a 100% Money Back Guarantee for any unused purchases or other warranty purchases within 30 days.
3. The Reseller notes that NWS standard warranties have a seven day 'no fault' period from the date of warranty purchase to help ensure some degree of product Quality Assurance & control by the Reseller (and/or Wholesaler or Manufacturer). This period is also applied to individual components
that may not be used in the first seven days (ie a component or build fault that only becomes apparent when first used at later time, eg DVD, USB port).
4. The on-line NWS 'Instant' Warranty System automatically add this seven days to both the Start and Expiry Dates (from the sales receipt or invoice date). In the case of 'back-dated' warranties (sales date 14 days or more previously) there is a 30 day 'no fault' period, and IDA Warranty System automatically adds this period to both the Start and Expiry dates.
5. The Reseller should note that the NWS patented 'Instant' Warranty Delivery & Activation System (IDA System) instantly and automatically activates all 'instant' NWS warranties so there is NO need for the Reseller or Warranty Holder to take any subsequent registration or activation action.
For traditional 'sticker' warranties, on-line or phone warranty activation is required. If the warranty has not been activated, NWS will, as a minimum, require a copy of the retail sales invoice to help establish the date the warranty was sold and the details of the product the warranty was purportedly for.
6. The Reseller undertakes that they will provide sales invoices relating to products covered by NWS warranties as may be required by NWS and NWS warranty management procedures at the time. The Reseller should note that, where the NWS warranty has not
been activated at the time of purchase, and there where is no valid warranty ID(s) on the Sales Invoice, there is no actual proof that a NWS 'sticker' warranty was, in fact, ever purchased for that product at the time of sale. To prevent service delay or refusal of service, The Reseller & Wholesalers are asked to include the NWS warranty ID(s) assigned to the product(s) sold, on their Sales Invoice or Receipt.
Service Policies & Practices
1. This Partner Agreement is an agreement for both The Reseller and Service Agents. The Reseller are not under any obligation to be a Service Agent, or to do any warranty service work, and can indicate this by ticking or not ticking the appropriate box in this form. Notwithstanding, the Reseller is in any case not under any obligation to do warranty service work. Similarly, Authorised Service Agents are not under any obligation to purchase NWS warranties (although that would presumably result in additional paid warranty service work).
2. The Reseller notes that NWS may refuse to carry out or pay for service for warranties that have not been paid for.
3. The Reseller notes that NWS has a written Guarantee that NWS will always offer The Reseller any paid warranty work for their products, where the Reseller wishes to provides the service, and that can be provided in a timely manner (and the Warranty Holder had no objection); and that NWS may also offer the Reseller additional paid warranty & non-warranty service work.
4. The Reseller notes that they may opt NOT to carry out warranty work for their products on a 'case by case' basis.
5. NWS has no objection to the Reseller or Service Agent doing service or other work for any other warranty and/or service companies at any time
6. The Service Agent undertakes to behave professionally and courteously at NWS clients' sites at all times; and, in particular, not to disparage or criticise clients' IT products, or their Reseller, by word, action, or implication, nor to actively seek the client's future IT business
(where the Service Agent is not also the client's Reseller).
7. The Service Agent further undertakes that the technical service that the Service Agent provides shall be wholly professional, competent, efficient & effective.
8. The Service Agent agrees that any NWS service work the Service Agent undertakes is warranted as to accurate fault diagnosis, and problem resolution, for 21 days. Re-occurrence of the same symptoms/fault within this period is deemed to be the same Job, unless there are extenuating reasons, circumstances, or explanation.
9. The Service Agent agrees to abide by NWS Service policy and procedures, and carry out NWS service work in accordance with such policies and practices. These policies are those included in this Partner Agreement, and additionally included with each Job Sheet, along with current Service Fees.
10. These policies are in place so that NWS can efficiently and professionally manage & control the carrying out, the completion, and the payment for, NWS service work. In particular, this means -
- If not already logged by the Warranty Holder, the logging of jobs must be done when a possible warranty fault is discovered, and/or when discovering the product is covered by a NWS warranty. NOT after the job has been completed or later.
If a warranty job is logged by the Reseller on the Warranty Holder's behalf, NWS will confirm the Job request and details with the Warranty Holder, and advise them regarding non-warranty faults and other warranty conditions.
Warranty jobs are generally logged by phone to the NWS 1300 number. At week-ends, and after hours, The Reseller and Service Agents can log jobs, at the time, by email or leaving a voice message.
- Service Agents undertake to report the faulty part by phone, and quote your wholesale cost (plus 10%) where you have a suitable replacement available; or to request a suitable replacement part - at the time of the fault diagnosis. NOT after the job has been completed or later. As noted elsewhere, NWS generally approve parts over the phone while on-site.
- If NWS have supplied, or paid for, the replacement part, if the faulty part is still under Manufacturer's Warranty, and if the Reseller is carrying out the service work as the Service Agent, the Reseller will directly RA the faulty part for replacement, and subsequently return the replacement part to NWS.
- Except where the Reseller is directly RA'ing the faulty part for replacement, the faulty part/s is returned to NWS (at NWS' cost), in all cases.
11. The Reseller (or Service Agent) explicitly agree that, if service work is carried out without NWS authorization, then there is no NWS Authorised job or NWS control or management, and therefore NWS has no responsibility for the service work carried out, parts provision, job completion, or job payment.
12. The Service Agent notes that, for each NWS Job, at the end of every
Job, NWS require:
- the return of any faulty parts not being directly RA'd,
- a completed Job Sheet, with faulty & replacement part details, and Customer's signature,
- and a (correct) invoice.
13. The Service Agent notes that NWS generally pay for service & parts within one week of receiving all the above required items, and have a written Payment Guarantee to pay within ten working days, or pay an additional $50.
14. Because NWS cannot directly and actively manage the actual service work, the Service Agent notes that NWS do not, and cannot, pay on a 'time & materials' basis, but have instead a sliding scale of service fees, based on what the faulty part is. This means that you are paid more for harder and longer jobs, and that the more competent & efficient Service Agent will be paid more per hour than the incompetent & inexperienced Service Agent.
15. The Service Agent agrees that accepting a NWS Job Sheet or other work authorised by NWS, comprises agreement that they are acting as an agent of NWS, and not on their own behalf, and agreement to existing NWS service conditions & fees, as attached to, or referred to, in each Job Sheet.
16. The Service Agent agrees that any payment by NWS is for work carried out as an agent of NWS. The Service Agent agrees that, for any NWS job, the Warranty Holder, or client, is an NWS client, not the Reseller’s or Service Agent's client.
17. The Service Agent agrees to notify NWS, prior to carrying out any service work, if those conditions are not acceptable, or if they are unable to carry out the service work in a timely manner has required by NWS & the warranty.
18. The Service Agent notes that the current NWS Service Fee Schedule is attached to each Job Sheet, and any NWS job accepted is on the basis of that Fee Schedule. The Service Agent agrees to notify NWS, prior to carrying out any service work, if that Fee Schedule is not acceptable, or they have any queries. This Service Fee Schedule is also available on the NWS site, under Forms.
1. The Reseller notes that, unless otherwise agreed, eg 2nd hand products/warranties, all NWS warranties & wholesale warranty prices are based on the premise that all non-minor product components have at least 12 months Manufacturer's (or Reseller) RTB Parts Warranty.
2. Where faulty parts are not being returned directly by the Reseller themselves to the distributor or manufacturer for RA and replacement under manufacturer's warranty, NWS always
requires the return of all faulty parts to NWS, at NWS cost (by most cost effective method, usually the NWS 'Reply Paid' service).
3. The Service Agent understands that delays in the return of faulty parts to NWS delay job closure and payment, and could prevent the RA of parts to manufacturer entirely, or significantly reduce the length of manufacturer's warranty available on any parts subsequently RA'd by NWS.
4. Where NWS has supplied or paid for the replacement part, and the faulty parts are not being returned by the Reseller directly to distributor or manufacturer for replacement, and the faulty parts have not been returned by the Service Agent to NWS within two weeks
of job completion for checking and RA to manufacturer or distributor, NWS may deduct the cost of the part off the service fee and any replacement parts cost.
1. The Service Agent notes that NWS replacement parts should always be the same or better specification and quality of the faulty part (but the warranty and NWS do not cover additional parts and costs involved with any parts incompatibility issues that arise due to the lack of compatible replacement parts).
2. The Service Agent notes that all NWS warranties are based on 'instant' replacement of faulty parts, ie prior
to any RA of the faulty part/s (where parts are available within Australia).
3. The Service Agent notes that NWS generally provide 'instant' verbal replacement parts approval by phone.
4. The Service Agent notes that, to reduce down time and additional trips, NWS generally approves the supply of replacement parts by the Service Agent - even when NWS has the part on stock or NWS could purchase the part for less. The main exception would be when the part is expensive and NWS has it in stock.
5. The Service Agent notes that NWS is not
a retail customer, and pay their cost
, plus 10% to cover incidentals, for replacement parts.
6. Where parts are no longer under Manufacturer's Warranty, NWS supplies or pays for all replacement parts (and other costs) in all cases.
7. If the faulty part is still under Manufacturer's warranty, and the Reseller is doing the service work, but does not have a suitable replacement part, NWS will 'forward ship' replacement parts at our cost.
1. Where NWS has paid for, or supplied, any replacement parts for any of their product/s under warranty, the Reseller agrees to RA any faulty parts that are still under Manufacturer's warranty, and return any replacement parts to NWS, at their cost.
2. The Reseller agrees that, if RA replacement parts
have not been returned to NWS within three months
of being sent to the Reseller, NWS will invoice the Reseller for the cost paid by NWS for the initial replacement parts in lieu of supply of such outstanding replacement parts.
3. NWS are more than happy to simplify the process and RA faulty parts directly to distributor, rather than return to Reseller, if that can be arranged.)
1. NWS will pay the freight to ship any replacement parts to the Service Agent by fastest practical method, and if not being RA'd directly, for the shipment of faulty parts to NWS (by most cost-effective method).
2. If parts are still under Manufacturer's warranty, and if not being RA'd directly, for freight of faulty parts to the Reseller for subsequent RA.
3. The Reseller is responsible for freight of faulty parts for RA to the Distributor, and for the freight of the replacement parts back to NWS (where NWS supplied or paid for replacement part).
Cancellation of Partner Agreement
1. The Reseller and/or the Service Agent understand that breaching this Partner Agreement and/or the NWS Service Policies & Practices, may result in one or more of - non-payment of service fees, and/or possible loss of Authorised NWS Service Agent, and/or Authorised Reseller status permanently, or for a period determined by NWS management.
2. The Reseller and/or Service Agent note that they may terminate this Partner Agreement, without notice, at any time, for any reason.
3. The Reseller and/or Service Agent note that this Partner Agreement may be revoked by NWS without notice for reasons deemed by NWS to be prejudicial to the delivery of professional, ethical, and timely and competent warranty and maintenance services, or in any way harmful to NWS's reputation for ethical, helpful, efficient, and professional service.
Continuing Obligation To RA Parts
1. Cancellation of this Partner Agreement by either party will not abrogate or reduce in any way the Reseller's continuing obligation to RA faulty parts for parts under manufacturer's warranty and to forward outstanding replacement RA parts for the life of any NWS warranty previously purchased by the Reseller.